Monday, November 2, 2009
Week 7--Thing 16
I use a wiki in "Computers in Engineering" to allow the students, who are in different sections, to communicate with each about problems with the Java language and with Dr. Olabe at CBU. It works really well for that class. I, therefore, felt more comfortable with this Thing. I looked through several of the suggested wikis. One thing I noticed was to write blogs in 1st person and wikis in 3rd person. One educator also suggested that students not allow dead sentences in which there were no links to something of interest. It is essential to make the information interesting or no one will want to read or edit your writing. I it also essential to teach students to verify the information they read in a wiki. In the wiki in my class, Dr. Olabe reads the posts and helps students understand any problems they may have encountered and correct any information that may not be correct.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment