Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Week 8--Thing 18

I have known of Google Docs but not taken the time to learn how to use it. Since Google Docs was an option to exploring Zoho Writer, I decided now was the time. I created a folder and a practice file. The interface is similar to most word processing software so it was very easy to use. I shared the file with Patty and allowed her to edit it. I also created a link within the document and that was so simple to do. Overall this software is very easy to use and would be a very good tool for anyone wanting to collaborate with others in a group.

In addition to text documents, presentations, spreadsheets and forms can be created and shared. There is also a good list of templates to use. I really like this software and will introduce it to students and others as needed.

Just for comparison's sake, I did check out Zoho Writer. It does have some features that Google Docs does not have but also will take a little more time to learn all the aspects of the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment