Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Week 8--Thing 19
I took the tour through LibraryThing. It is very similar to Shelfari. I am already a member of Shelfari so I didn't see the need to make an account. I have not had time to update Shelfari in many months so, though these sites are very useful for people who read a lot, I did not feel the need to have accounts on 2 similar sites. I did notice a couple of advantages to LibraryThing. First, the software will make recommendations to you for books that seem to follow your current selections. I think that would be very useful for someone who likes reading the same types of books. Second, the user is able to listen in on groups currently discussing a book or perhaps even join the "talk". The user is also able to create a group of friends and have the book club meetings online.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment