To summarize my reaction to this activity:
I found several sites that I thought would be very useful in teaching computer applications. I also found other sites and learned vocabulary that will help me in communicating with both students and others about computer issues in general. I feel the Creative Commons and DesignDepot sites are ones that I will visit regularly and RSS feeds is a new area that I have learned about while doing this activity.
Making myself work through these activities was a very worthwhile endeavor. I have been able to spend time learning technologies that I would not have found the time to explore otherwise. This program has given me the opportunity to sample many sites and I am encouraged to continue spending time each week trying to learn new Web 2.0 issues.
I was not surprised by any of the technologies but found several that were interesting enought to want to "tag" them in my comments so I could go back and spend more time learning about them.
This activity was very well done. I did become frustrated at times with all the accounts that had to be opened, but did keep a list and that helped keep it all straight. Future sessions might be organized into specific topics so educators could choose the areas that would help them the most. For example, English teachers would benefit from Library/Book related topics.
I would recommend this activity to others interested in learning more about Web 2.0 technologies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment